Maple, AR - Carroll County
The community of Maple, Arkansas was located northeast of present day Berryville on HWY 21. It was sometimes referred to as "Maple Spring". A post office was established there on June 24, 1889. Records indicate that Amanda L. Hight served as the first postmaster. The Maple Post Office served the community for quite some time, closing on February 28, 1925 when mail service was switched to the railroad town of Urbanette.