Oak Hill, AR - Carroll County
The historic settlement of Oak Hill, located off of HWY 23 near the Missouri border, established its post office on July 1, 1874. A man named John Scott served as the first postmaster. The Oak Hill Post Office remained in operation until January 31, 1919, when mail service was ultimately transferred to Eureka Springs.
Today, little remains of the Oak Hill community, aside from the Oak Hill Cemetery and Oak Hill Grange Building. In recent years, the Oak Hill Grange building was utilized as a museum, with exhibitions on the history of the Franklin township. Also, three properties totaling over 150 acres have been donated to the Ozark Regional Land Trust, and plans for a trail around the newly established Oak Hill Nature Preserve are reportedly in the works.« Click here for sources