Raum, AR - Carroll County
Raum, Arkansas was a historic community founded on the banks of Yocum Creek in 1892 by Abraham Winkle, a native of Tennessee. In addition to the Winkle farm, the town once featured a general store, sawmill, blacksmith shop, post office, canning factory, grain and grist mill. The sawmill was known throughout the county as the "Two State Lumber Company". The Herring Family later played a major role in bringing tobacco farming and beekeeping to the town of Raum. A fish hatchery was also planned, but the project was quickly abandoned when the improvements were washed out in a flood.
The last store in Raum reportedly closed down in the 1940s, and was relocated to the nearby border-town of Blue Eye.« Click here for sources